The College of Agriculture, originally known as Utkal Krushi Mahavidyalaya, was established in the year 1954 and started functioning in a Primary School building at Bhubaneswar from July, 1954. Subsequently, it was shifted to a new building, the present campus of the college, in 1957. The college first functioned with only 32 UG students on roll under B. Sc. (Ag) programme and subsequently the intake capacity went up progressively up to 256 students to meet the technical manpower requirements of the State. Presently the intake for B.Sc.(Ag.) is 192 students since from 2012-13 academic year.